Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Jennifer + Rob

So, I've been waiting for quite awhile to share Jennifer + Rob's Honey Horn Plantation Wedding.  From the moment I first saw these images I couldn't stop gushing over this color palette...and can you blame me?  Those bouquets are ridiculous!  The fabulous Jenny Evelyn was on hand to capture the gorgeous bride and her dapper groom tie the knot at this perfect Lowcountry Wedding.

I'm so in love with this wedding that I just had to know more, so I asked Jennifer to fill us in on some additional details about their big day...


So give us a little background on you and Rob...

I first met Rob at a church I visited with a few of my friends. We all went out for lunch after the service and he sat beside me. We had casual conversation at that point, but I had no idea he was even interested in me. I remember he was in a hurry to leave when we finished lunch because he was looking forward to watching a Clemson basketball game! We didn’t keep in touch until we became friends on Facebook. We began chatting and exchanged numbers after some time. He claims he asked me out to dinner while we were chatting on Facebook, but I didn’t think it was very obvious and I turned him down! Thankfully, he pursued me and eventually called me to ask me out for our first date.


Tell us about the proposal...

Rob planned the best proposal ever on December 19, 2009! He sent a package to my apartment filled with a beautiful dress and fancy shoes. The package also contained a letter telling me that I was in for an evening I wouldn’t forget! He explained that I was not to contact him and that someone would be there at 3:45 sharp to pick me up. Well, as I am reading this letter, I panicked because I hadn’t showered and it was already 2:45. Rob’s best friend picked me up promptly at 3:45 and handed me another letter that gave me clues to our first destination.  We stopped at three places and, at each place; a note was waiting for me. Each one was romantically written, rhymed, and reminiscent of our relationship and the experiences we’ve had together. At the final location, Rob was waiting for me on the beach. He read the final letter and it was then and there that he asked me to be his wife. Obviously, I said yes! The surprises didn’t stop there – we picked up my dad from the airport then met the rest of our family and friends for dinner to celebrate!



Why did you choose to have A Lowcountry Wedding?

We chose to have a lowcountry wedding because we live here – it’s where we met, where began our relationship and we share so many memories here.  Hilton Head Island also offers beautiful scenery for a wedding.



Out of the entire day, what was the most memorable moment?

The most memorable moment was the first time I saw Rob as I walked down the aisle with my dad. I couldn’t stop smiling! I also loved walking back down the aisle with Rob after we had been declared husband and wife!

Rob would say his favorite moment was the same and add that he loved the sound of the bagpipes playing as I walked toward him. The bagpiper was a surprise from me to him!


So, how did Honey Horn Plantation win you over?

We attended a wedding there together about a year before our wedding and it was extremely beautiful and very practical for a wedding. The large oak trees, the Spanish moss, the palm trees, and the dock by the water offered all the scenery you expect in the lowcountry. We also liked the ability to have the ceremony, social hour, and reception all in the same place but at different locations within walking distance on the plantation.



Tell us a little bit about your menu...

Our menu was all Lowcountry – pulled pork and chicken barbecue, macaroni and cheese, potatoes, green beans, salad, fruit and served sweet tea, lemonade, and water in small mason jars.



One of my favorite questions to ask brides is what was their favorite ________.  I especially like to know out of all their gorgeous photographs which takes the cake.  Obviously, you can tell Jennifer had plenty of gorgeous options thanks to Jenny Evelyn Photography but below was her ultimate favorite....don't you agree?



Looking back on your engagement and wedding, is there any advice you would give to brides in the planning process? 
My advice would be:
  1. If you have a budget, do your absolute best to stick to it. Work backwards starting with how many people you are going to have attend the wedding.
  2. Enjoy the wedding and the wedding planning process – do your best not to get caught up on every little detail, especially as the wedding day gets closer.
  3. Remember this is your day as a couple – you cannot please everybody!
  4. The most important advice is to keep your focus on the marriage and commitment you are about to make instead of just the planning of one day.
vendors
photographer: jenny evelyn photography  /  flowers: james farmer III   / 
catering: celebration events  / wedding planner: molly kennedy with celebration events  /  
band: soul fish  /  cake: ronnie's bakery & cakes by lou   /  venue: honey horn plantation  /  dress: casablanca from the gingerbreadhouse  /  bridesmaids' dresses: alvina valenta from
bleubelle bridal  /  groom and groomsmen's attire: Jos. A Bank  /  hair: lori powell   / 



6 comments:

  1. Wow! Beautiful! (What a lovely dress!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the picture with the 2 guys on the dock and the pants rolled up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sounds of the menu - it's absolutely perfect for the wedding! Plus, the lemonade and sweet tea bar is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful wedding! The venue is stunning and I love love love the flowers! I also adore the shot of the boys on the dock. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love everything it gave me some great ideas for my own wedding. Absolutely love the flowers, the menu and the pic of they boys on the dock.

    ReplyDelete